This is the number one request we get here at the FYC Support Center.
Due to content protection:
- We currently don't allow AirPlay on certain titles from an iOS (iPhone/iPad) device to an Apple TV.
- We also don't allow titles to be AirPlayed by mirroring a MacOS (laptop/desktop) device to an Apple TV, please click here for more information.
The main reason we are not able to support every casting and streaming player on the market is simply due to the lack of content protection support readily available on these platforms. We might never be able to support them.
Currently, the best option for viewing on a TV is to use an Apple TV HD (model A1625) or Apple TV 4K (model A1842). There is also the newer Apple TV 5th gen (4K). We only support Gen 4 and newer models because this was the first Apple TV model that supported tvOS 10, the App Store, 3rd party apps and also offered the content protection tools we require.
If you don't have a 4th Gen or newer apple TV the next best options are:
1.) Use the desktop app and mirror out to your TV with an HDMI cable.
2.) Roku and Chromecast devices will also work with Android products.
Those are the current options at the moment for viewing FYC App content on televisions.
NOTE: Some platforms that are not listed here might actually support casting or streaming but they are not officially supported.
Here are some helpful Knowledge Base (KB) articles on this topic:
- How do you know what Apple TV you have? https://support.fyc.com/kb/article/74-how-do-i-download-the-fyc-app-on-my-apple-tv/
- How to Stream from your laptop to an HDMI equipped TV: https://support.fyc.com/kb/article/48-can-i-use-chromecast-or-amazon-fire-stick-to-stream-content-to-my-tv/
- What platforms is the FYC App available on? https://support.fyc.com/kb/article/24-what-platforms-is-the-fyc-app-available-on/