Why doesn't FYC Screeners run on macOS Catalina?
Due to issues with the framework we use for the FYC Screeners app, we do not have an official release yet that is fully compatible with macOS Catalina. We are currently working with our vendors to resolve this issue.
In the meantime, you can create an exception to your security settings that will let you run the app on your computer:
- First, download and install the app as detailed in the KB article "How do I download the FYC desktop app on my Mac?".
- Run FYC Screeners from your Applications folder. You will receive an alert that says "FYC Screeners" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. Click OK to dismiss the alert.
- Go to the Apple menu, open System Preferences, and select Security & Privacy.
- Under the General tab, click Open Anyway.
- When another warning appears, click Open.*
*You may be prompted to open Finder: control-click the FYC Screeners app in the Applications folder, select Open from the context menu, and then click Open in the dialog that appears. Enter your admin name and password to open the app.
The app should now run without any additional warnings. Please note, future app updates may require following these steps again.